We are on the count down for our concert now. I’m am very pleased that ‘Allan’ (Eric) is going very well. I heard that you had a great session with Fay last wed. even though she wasn’t well, and we will sing the Walking song for our concert too. My sister (Jenny) and brother (David) are coming up for our concert to fill in for Rob on piano. I’ll ask Jen to accompany us on the choir pieces, which will give me the chance to give you my undivided attention!
CANCELLED: Just letting you know that Sue has had to apologise that the Choir Extravaganza gathering for Mental Health Week has been cancelled for Oct 10th.
Corker/Mainesong Annual Concert
- Sunday Oct 28th. . 2.00(?) for concert around 4.00 (Times not defined yet)
- Unwind at at the Criterion hotel, as last year!
If any of you were available on Mons. 15th/22nd Oct to join with Corker rehearsal at the South School for our joint pieces for 20 mins … either at 6.30 or 7.00. Let’s discuss.
We will sing with Corker:
- Algunas Bestias
- Steam Heat
- Satie Gymnopede (not started yet)
- Isn’t she lovely
- Moonlight Swing (to be decided)
On our own:
- Panis angelicas
- Walking song
- Sweet Kate
- Pastime with Good Company
- Gotingha da Agua, ….
I am thinking that we will break around the second week of December.
- I want to ask your thoughts about a possible change of rehearsal evening for next year.
- I wondered if a Monday evening (after Corker rehearsal), could be considered, as I seem to be becoming more involved with teaching at Little Yarra (miles away) with Weds. occasionally tricky with their schedules. Not set in concrete! Just a thought at present.
- and … letting you know that next year, Mainesong attendance will be $12/$10cc (instead of $8). This also covers hall hire each week, music writing and copying costs.
Thankyou for your always generous considerations with the (your) choir on so many levels. You are an amazing group and I value the loyalty that abides, despite the comings and goings, with world travel and warmer climates, etc., and those interesting lives you lead!
I get such joy from your singing and I know it’s mutual.
Yours in musical service