Apple or Quince Tea Cake
Hi Rob, Did you catch your train?
- 5 oz SR Flour
- 3 oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 oz butter (melted)
- Peeled and finely sliced apple or quince
- 1 tsp heaped cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Heat oven to 180C
- Mix together in a cup the cinnamon and mixed spice with 1 heaped desert spoon of the sugar.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- Put sifted flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add beaten egg, milk and butter and mix into flour. Beat well for about 2 minutes.
- Pour mix into an 8 inch round baking tin, with greased sides and lined with baking paper.
- Arrange sliced quince/apple standing up on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, and check earlier.
Make sure it’s cooked in the middle, test with a skewer. Don’t let it rise too quickly cos that’s when it browns on top and isn’t cooked well in the middle.